Friday, May 9, 2014

But is my God not strong?

I am weak.
I am doubtful.
I am scared.
I am wandering.
I am powerless
I am worrisome.
I am hurt.

***

But is my God not strong?
Is he not all powerful,
the most Almighty?
Is my God not listening, woven into every fiber of my life,
and yours?
Is my God not watchful, is he not protective?
Is my God not my deliverer,
the Savior of the world?
And is my God not jealous
when I give my heart to the ways of this world.
Is he not wrathful?
Yet, is not unconditionally loving, forgiving all the time?

Is my God not here.
Now.
When my breaths are short
and the tears stream long.
Is my God not present right now,
just as present as He was when he raised the dead
and died Himself?
Is my God not worthy of all praise?

***
"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered in shame." -Psalm 34:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment