Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY Map Nameplates

DIY Map Nameplates


You will need:
-Template of your desired shape
-Map of desired state
-Paper cutter
-Adhesive scrap-booking dots
-Scissors
-Runner tape
-Black, thick poster board


1. Print out a template of whatever symbol you'd like (I used this shape for my all-girl hall).


2. To emphasize my travel/journey theme for my hall, I used map as the material for the doll. (Triple A members get maps for free, so we just went to our local store and asked for 5 maps!)

 3. I tried to choose maps with the most space/coolest designs (states with water, mountains, etc.)


4. Cut out your material by tracing your symbol directly onto the map (for these, the heads are separate little circles.)


 5. Use fairly thick black poster board as the backing so that the doll/shape isn't flimsy. I chose black so that the doll would stand out and not look washed out. (Use runner tape for the most accurate, most unnoticeable adhesion).

6. Cut a little thicker than her shape so she stands out.



 7. Repeat the process for the head.



 8. Find scrapbook paper that matches your theme. We found a set with great colors for maps (neutrals, grays, metalics, tans, etc.) Use a paper cutter so that your halves are exactly straight and beautiful!



 9. For a slightly 3D affect, use adhesive scrap-booking dots so that she looks a little raised. It really adds to the overall piece!



10. To continue with my travel/journey theme, I found these adorable ticket stubs just big enough to write my girls' names on them. So unique and so perfect for my theme!



Overall, I made 40 of these name plates and 
only spent about 30$ on all the supplies.
They are very unique, and I hope that my girls feel special with 
their own personalized nameplate!

                                   


1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Nice blog.. Would you like to follow each other..!!
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete